Allgäu cheese spaetzle
- 500 g flour
salt, sweet paprika, pepper
- 5 span> Eggs (Gr. M)
- 250 g span> Mountain cheese (piece)
- 250 g Emmentaler
- 1 Bund chives
- 4 Onions
- 2 EL clarified butter li>
- Mix the flour with 1 teaspoon of salt in a bowl. Add eggs and approx. 200 ml water. Beat everything with a wooden spoon (with a hole) vigorously to form a smooth dough until it bubbles. The dough should flow thickly from the spoon, possibly add some water.
- Coarsely grate both types of cheese. Wash the chives, shake dry, cut into rolls. Peel the onions and slice or slice them into thin rings. Heat the lard in a large pan and slowly fry the onions until brown.
- Finally, dust with paprika and continue to fry briefly.
- Bring the salted water to the boil in a large saucepan. Put the dough in portions in a spaetzle press. Press into the water and cook for 2-3 minutes. Lift out with a slotted spoon and drain in a sieve.
- Remove some of the cooking water. Pour half of the cheese into a preheated bowl. Place the hot spaetzle with the removed cooking water on top. Scatter the rest of the cheese on top and mix everything carefully. Season with pepper.
- Sprinkle onions and chives over the top and serve immediately.
1 person approx.:
- 740 kcal li>
- 39 g protein
- 35 g fat
- 63 g carbohydrates