Recipe adopted from BakingBites and all photo rights reserved to Bonnie Leigh.
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter (or smooth)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk (low fat or skim is fine)
- 3/4 cup milk or semi-sweet (I used semi-sweet) chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a a standard 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, peanut butter, eggs and milk until smooth.
- Pour into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter into your paper-lined muffin tin. Each cup should be filled to the top, not just half way up, to ensure you get a nice dome on the muffin.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes, until a tester comes out clean and the top of the muffin springs back when lightly pressed.
Serving: 12 Cupcakes